Sunday, November 16, 2008

Being a Confidante Can Be An Eye-Opener

My granddaughter spent the night recently. It's no secret she's got a special place in my heart. Micaela is six going on sixty and has a heart bigger than her little body can really hold. She has often been an inspiration to me. Apparently, her mom had experienced a tough time on the day I picked Micaela up. Micaela and her brothers did not want to clean up the mess they had made. Let's just say her mom had to vocalize a little more than usual! Micaela confessed to me just how bad this made her feel. The expression she used broke my heart and pierced it with truth!

Unfortunately, it reminded me when I used to 'vocalize' with my own children (her mom being one of them). I wish so much that I had possessed better parenting skills! Yes, I'm afraid I did way more yelling back then than I would like to admit. I can only hope more positive behaviour was passed along too!

Her mom is the best mom I know. Let's be encouraging of all moms of little ones and let them know it's okay if everything isn't just perfect!

No comments: